Care Support: 5N0758
A mandatory module of the healthcare support certificate and an elective module for many other healthcare related topics. It provides the learner with the practical skills to support the service user, their family and other members of the multidisciplinary team to meet the needs of the individual by providing holistic person centred care.
- Discuss the roles, responsibilities and entitlements of a care worker
- Examine the role of a care worker within the multidisciplinary healthcare team
- Demonstrate the ability to plan and provide enhanced quality care
- Apply knowledge gained to plan and meet the needs of the individual client
- Explore the need for personal planning and growth
- Plan strategies to improve own personal development
- Reflect on personal effectiveness as a care worker to include own strengths and weaknesses
- Reflect on relationships with clients, relatives and multidisciplinary team members and interpersonal issues that arise in care work
- Assignment 30%
- Learner Record 70%
Successful completion of this component award enables the learner to transfer to programmes leading to other certificates where this component is a mandatory or an elective requirement.