Human Growth and Development: 5N1279
An elective module of the Healthcare Support Certificate and a mandatory module of Nursing Studies Certificate. This module describes the development of a human being from the moment of conception until the time of death and the growth of the person and their development during this time.
- Understand the concept of human growth and development from conception to old age
- Understand normal patterns of development from infancy to old age with reference to physical, emotional, social and intellectual development
- Recognise variations within the normal range of human growth and development and understand factors that can effect development throughout the lifespan
- Develop interpersonal/interactive skills appropriate to responding to the needs of others
- Apply skills/knowledge to typical work-based problems
- Explore own personal prejudices, fears and anxieties about working with people in need of care
- Develop self-confidence and empathy in dealing with people
- Demonstrate the ability to identify a range of individual needs and apply the interpersonal skills and strategies required to meet these needs in a range of settings
- Examination Theory 40%
- Assignment 60%
Successful completion of this component award enables the learner to transfer to programmes leading to other certificates where this component is an elective requirement.